Want to help ABCF?
Would you like to help out ABCF and the work we’re doing, but don’t have the time to start an ABCF group? There are many ways to lend a hand. Here are a few ideas.
- Contribute to the Warchest and/or Anarchist Subsistence Program for a six- or 12-month period. Any amount is appreciated. You can even contribute in a lump sum to be spread out over time. Learn more about the Warchest.
- Send a donation to support ABCF. Since virtually every dollar coming goes to our programs, chapters operate on a small budget. If you can afford a donation, feel free to send one in.
- Distribute ABCF pamphlets in your area. Download them here or send a SASE to Los Angeles ABC-BG, P.O. Box 11223, Whittier, CA 90603 and request original copies of ABCF pamphlets for you to copy and distribute locally.
- Help us maintain the international database of political prisoners at prisonersolidarity.com. Simply sign up for an account and update information about political prisoners you’re interested in.
- Organize a benefit show, house party, video showing or event to raise funds for the Warchest and raise awareness about Political Prisoners and Prisoners of War. Contact us.
- Educate yourself about political prisoners and the movements from which they came, and educate others about them. Write letters to the editor to different publications about these issues, post fliers, hold study groups or set up a table with literature at local concerts, festivals, etc.
- If you have a publication/zine or know of sympathetic zines, consider running an ABCF ad. You can request a half-page ABCF ad or other sizes. Contact us
- If you have artistic skills, consider contributing some art/music/poetry to reach people about this struggle.
- If you have access to copy machines that you can contribute, consider donating copies for literature (with a reminder that one doesn’t endanger your job for this!)
- Bring a speaker to your area. If you’re in college, many schools have student program boards that will cover costs to bring speakers to your school.
- Donate new/used supplies and equipment. A few things we’re always in need of office supplies, copiers, computers (Mac and PC), laser printers (Mac and PC), first-class U.S. postage stamps, envelopes, cameras, ad space in your local publications, legal assistance, folding tables, monetary donations, and literature. Contact us.
- If you have a local radio station that accepts MP3s for airplay, give out our radio PSAs for the Anarchist Black Cross Federation and the Warchest Program and ask the station to play them on the air.
- If you are bi-, tri-, or quad-lingual, translate ABCF texts into another language.
- Pass on our URL to e-mail discussion lists you may be on, message boards or chat areas. If your favorite website doesn’t have ABCF listed, suggest our website (www.abcf.net) for their links.
Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you’re up to. Thanks!