The Prisoners’ Committee (PC) is part of the governing body of the ABCF. It is a tangible effort to include political prisoners in their own support. The committee consists of 5 prisoners, nominated by ABCF chapters, who participate in developing the programs and strategies of the Federation. The committee’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Allocating funds of the Warchest Program to PP/POWs.
2. Allocating Emergency Funds from the Warchest Program.
3. Voting on policy and proposals of the Federation.
4. Confirming the legitimacy of prisoners claiming PP/POW status.
5. Submitting and help develop proposals.
6. Staying in communication with other FC members
The current Prisoners’ Committee is:
(Prisoners with a (*) symbol have been nominated by chapters but there has been no confirmation they have accepted the position.)
Prisoners who served on the PC in the past include: